Massage Therapy Services
Take Advantage of our Premier Massage Therapy Services
Our local fitness center offers the finest massage services in the Lehigh Valley to both members and prospective members. Massage is performed in a dedicated suite, conveniently located adjacent to our main service desk area.
Appointments are available 6 days a week and can be scheduled at our member service desk. (Prepayment is required at time of booking and we request 24-hour notice of cancellation). Pre-paid, discount packages are also available.
All massage therapists at Steel Fitness Premier in Allentown hold state and national certifications.
Massage and bodywork services include:
- Reflexology – an ancient therapy that involves manipulation of areas on the feet, hands, and ears that correspond to other parts of the body.
- Craniosacral Therapy – releases tension to relieve pain and improve whole-body health.
- Myofascial Release – involves gentle pressure (or deep tissue techniques) that relieve pain and increase the range of motion for overused, stressed or sport-specific areas of the body.
- Active Isolated Stretching – allows the body to prepare for daily activity. It involves holding a stretch for only two seconds and improves circulation and increases the elasticity of muscle joints. Client participation is required for movements, and clothes should be loose fitting. Do not eat a ½ hour before treatment.
- Energy-Reiki Work – light touch is combined with rocking and pulsing for natural healing.
- Lymph Drainage Massage – improves drainage and flow of lymph glands. Since the lymph system has no pump of its own, like the heart, only moving the muscles will increase the flow. Practitioners recommend plenty of fluids after this treatment.
- Structural Integration – bodywork that addresses structural misalignments and improves posture, reduces chronic pain and enhances flexibility.
- Orthopedic Massage – treats soft tissue pain and injury. These sessions require client participation for movement, and loose clothing should be work. Do not eat for 30 minutes before treatment.
- Swedish Massage – Manipulation of the soft tissue stimulates circulation and enhances relaxation.
- Deep Muscle/Tissue Massage – helps with chronic pain and enhance relaxation and stress-relief
- Chair Massage – a short, fully-clothed massage performed in an ergonomic massage chair. Massage focuses on key areas of back, neck, shoulders and arms.
- Trager® Approach eases back and neck pain, headaches, sports injuries and conditions such as multiple sclerosis (MS), Parkinson’s disease and fibromyalgia
- Watsu – water body therapy much like a yoga session in the warm water. The client is moved, in the therapist’s arms, through a series of gentle stretches and pressure point massage.